The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Export problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

THomas82d

Germany
Posted - 09/17/2005 :  2:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5
Operating System: Windows XP Professional, SP 1

Hi there.
My problem is the following: I have a graph which is plotted over a time axis (0-1000 seconds), and I only want to export (as pdf) the part from 0 to 100 seconds. Now, I also have labels attached to the layer and scale of the plot, which are not visible when I zoom in on the part that I want to export. Still, when I do export the pdf, the whole thing is being exported, not only 0-100 seconds (where I zoomed in) but the full 0-1000 seconds, with all the labels.
What do I have to do so that only the part that I'm currently seeing on my screen is actually being exported? I could just press print-screen and save the picture as raster graphic, but I really want it as vector graphic.
Thanks in advance, best regards
Thomas Königstein

EDIT: To clarify: Not the whole graph is plotted, only the part from 0-100 seconds. But all the labels are at their respective positions and so the pdf extends way too far to the right, mostly empty, only with the labels.

Edited by - THomas82d on 09/17/2005 3:24:42 PM

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  5:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

This has to do with the page settings for export and copy-page.
Use the menu item Tools->Options to bring up the Options dialog. Then go to the Page tab and change the Margin Control drop-down from the default of Border to Page.

The Border option takes into account all the objects in the window and additionally a border around the outer most objects. The Tight option takes into account all objects with no additional border. The Page option restricts the export to only the dimension of the page which is what you are looking for.

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

THomas82d

Germany
Posted - 09/18/2005 :  6:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks a million, easwar. This saves me a ton of time and trouble.
Cheers,
Thomas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000