The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Data values as lablels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

emk

Finland
28 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  07:09:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version 7SP4 Operating System XPSP2
We have a case where a number of variables are plotted over time (x-axis). One of the variables (in this case the heart rate) is explaining the changes in the other variables, and we would like to have its values printed as text over the x-axis, located at each time point (as a row of labels) for easy reference.

Is there a way to this it in Origin?

Mike

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  09:47:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi emk:

What you will do is to add a column to the right of the X data and put the heart rate values into that column. Then, right click on the new column heading and choose Set As > Label from the shortcut menu. Replot your data (include the label col in your selection) and the labels should appear adjacent the X column values.

Mike
OriginLab

Edited by - Mike on 09/23/2005 09:48:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

emk

Finland
28 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  10:20:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Mike! I have ignored the "set as label" option in column settings (should read the manual ). This is what I was looking for. In addition what you suggested I guess I have to add a dummy y-data to control where the labels are vertically put on the layer (the label xy coordinate)

Edited by - emk on 09/23/2005 10:22:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mike

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  10:38:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi emk:

quote:
I guess I have to add a dummy y-data to control where the labels are vertically put on the layer (the label xy coordinate)

You shouldn't need to. Once you have created the labelled plot, you can adjust the position of the labels via the controls on the Label tab in Plot Details (double click on a label).

Mike
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

emk

Finland
28 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  11:08:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As I have not used the labels this way, I have never seen the labels tab in the plot details dialog. I really should sometime read the manual carefully
Thanks again, Mike. Have a nice weekend!

Edited by - emk on 09/23/2005 11:10:14 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000