The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Put date and time together
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Jartul

Germany
Posted - 10/02/2005 :  1:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7
Operating System: XP

Hi all,
I imported a huge amount of Data, collected over several weeks, which looks like this:
29.09.2005 23:10:15 (in two columns)

Now I want this to get my x-axis, but "date" is not exact enough, while "time" is repeating every day. I would like to have the "time" axis in one column, sth like this:
29.09 23:00, without year, without seconds, but marking a time point clearly.

Is it possible to bring 2 colums together in Origin? If so, which format has the new column afterwards? Or have I to go to Excel.. but I have no idea there, too :(

thx
jartUl

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  11:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi JartUl,

I assume that your both coumns for date and time were imported in two clumns in Text$Numeric format. You can combine these columns by following way:
1) Change the column formats of your columns to appropriate Date and Time formats respectively. (You might need to define Custom Date format like d'.'M'.'yyyy from Tools:Options menu Muiscellaneous tab, if there is no matching "Display" format in the built-in formats.) Now, your columns are internally represented in Data and Time, not as Texts.
2) Make a new column, choose Column:Set Column Values menu, then add your Date and Time columns to put in your new column wityh a formula like Col(C)=col(A)+col(B)
3) Define a custom date format you prefer to diaplay, like d'.'M HH':'mm then change the column format of your new column to this Date format.

I hope this works for you.

--Hideo
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000