The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to set Manual tick labels? Pls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

rezahasi1

Bangladesh
Posted - 10/04/2005 :  07:08:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5 SR5
Operating System: WIn XP

Hi,
I want to use xtick label as [1 10 20 50 100 500 1000 2000], which is a log-axis. But I can not do this. CAN NOT able to set using Custom tick label option. Is there any way I could do this?

I am looking to hear from you. Thank you
Reza

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  12:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Reza,

The following article may be helpful to answer your question:

http://www.originlab.com/www/support/resultstech.aspx?language=english&ID=921
or
  http://www.originlab.com/www/support/resultstech.aspx?ID=1018&language=English

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

rezahasi1

Bangladesh
Posted - 10/04/2005 :  11:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi Mr Hideo Fujii,
I could not make them workable.
I tried as described on those links, but NOT get the ones I am looking for.

Note that I want the nonlinear custom x-axis on the Bottom axis, which can't be done using these procedure (unless I did not understand exactly). This is mainly because that I could not find any option to add a linked bottom x-axis. By the way, the procedures are also tedious.

Is there any workaround? thank you very much
REza
Go to Top of Page

rezahasi1

Bangladesh
Posted - 10/04/2005 :  11:26:24 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi Mr Hideo Fujii,
I am little wrong. Things can be done as described here:
http://www.originlab.com/www/support/resultstech.aspx?language=english&ID=921 (method 2), if I do some other operation

But as I said, the procedure is rather Complex. Is there any script that can do this and additionally:
hide main bottom x-axis (but not tick marks) and copy the layer2 top axis to layer2 bottom axis?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  10:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You don't have to add a second layer - you can just stay with one layer. All you need is an additional column with the numbers where you want the x ticks to be positioned, and then issue one script command, such as shown in the picture below.

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

rezahasi1

Bangladesh
Posted - 10/06/2005 :  01:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi! I could ONLY use it for LINEAR AXIS. How could I make it workable when X-axis is plotted as log10?
Thanks for your help.

REza
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000