The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Cannot get color to my graph when using a script
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Selinger78

Germany
Posted - 10/19/2005 :  07:40:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Win2K

Hello,
following problem.
I import an ASCII File via a script, then I want the script to select certain columns an plot them into a template.
When I do it without scrip - just by selecting columns and go to plot->template it works fine, I get the graph I want to with different colors (as originally saved in the template).
When I use the following script, I get the same result, but all graphs are black:

[main]

getfile *.dat;
open -w %A;};

wks.col1.Width=15;
wks.col2.Width=15;
wks.col3.Width=15;
wks.col4.Width=15;
wks.col5.Width=15;
wks.col6.Width=15;

wks.col1.name$="time";
wks.col2.name$="temperature";
wks.col3.name$="diode1";
wks.col4.name$="diode2";
wks.col5.name$="diode3";
wks.col6.name$="diode4";

worksheet -s 1;
worksheet -s 3;
worksheet -s 4;
worksheet -s 5;
worksheet -s 6;

win -t P "diodeplot.OTP" full range
lay -i %W_time;
lay -i %W_diode1;
lay -i %W_diode2;
lay -i %W_diode3;
lay -i %W_diode4;

// So if anybody knows what to add the lay command or to the execution command of the template to get different colored lines in my graph, please tell me.
Thanks,
Selinger 78

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  07:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Use the set command with -c option...

set %W_diode1 -c 2; // red
set %W_diode2 -c 3; // green
set %W_diode3 -c 4; // blue

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

Selinger78

Germany
Posted - 10/19/2005 :  08:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Perfect! Now it works!
Is there also a trick how to change the legend entries?
Now the legend says

diode1
diode2

Can I (by scripting) change these entries to e.g.

beam 1 after prism
beam 2 after prism
... ?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Selinger78

Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  08:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Add the desired legend text to the labels of the corresponding columns. Then return to graph and click the Refresh button.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

Selinger78

Germany
Posted - 10/19/2005 :  11:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
Sorry, but which labels? How can I set such a label by script language?
Regards,
Selinger78

Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  12:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The legend uses the column label by default. If label is missing it defaults to column name, which I suppose is what you're seeing. You can create the labels by expanding your script at the top ...

wks.col3.name$="diode1";
wks.col4.name$="diode2";
wks.col5.name$="diode3";
wks.col6.name$="diode4";
wks.col3.label$="beam 1 after prism";
wks.col4.label$="beam 2 after prism";
// etc.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

Selinger78

Germany
Posted - 10/20/2005 :  06:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks a lot! This works now, but I noticed another strange output for my graph.
When using the script as written in my first post (with additions from the replys) it produces overlayed axis, the one from my template and additional one x and one y-axis with with values from 1 to 10.
How can I supress these additional axis?

And is there a script option to export graphs automatically with the name of the ascii-file which was opened?

Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  07:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sounds like you've added a new layer but I don't see those commands in the script at the top. Anyway, use layerN.showx and layerN.showy hide x and y axes in layer N.
quote:
And is there a script option to export graphs automatically with the name of the ascii-file which was opened?
Use image.export or export.image to export a window to a graphics file. You must supply the file name yourself.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

Selinger78

Germany
Posted - 10/20/2005 :  09:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are right!
There was a copy-paste artefakt from another script hiding in the sript!
Sory for all the newbie-questions, I am already working with the labtalk help file but I just can't get certain things - unless I ask here. Thanks for your help!
Will try the export-function now!
Selinger78

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000