The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Plot Range
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

brad5505

Australia
Posted - 12/05/2005 :  04:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7
Operating System:XP

After setting plot ranges for a number of graphs, e.g graph 1 range 50 to 75 (with data from row 50 to 61), graph 2 100 to 125 (with data 100 to 111) etc. If I then paste extra data in e.g. row 62, all the plot ranges revert back to the full worksheet rows e.g. 1 to 125. How can I maintain the original plot range?

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  3:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Bring up the Plot Details, go to the Scale tab, select Horizontal on the left and change the Rescale mode from Auto to Normal or Manual.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

brad5505

Australia
Posted - 12/05/2005 :  8:20:33 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mike

I should have made myself more clearer. It is the range of rows that I select layer, then layer contents. In this section you can show/edit the range of rows that you want plotted. After I set the range of rows I want plotted all is fine.If go back to the worksheet and paste data into some blank rows, then I loose the previously selected range of rows (under layer/layer contents). It pots all the rows, not just the rows I previously selected.

My worksheet layout has data in rows 51 to 61, then 101 to 111, 151 to 161. The idea was to add more data to the missing rows as I collect the data each year.

I need to somehow lock in the row range (under layer/layer contents) so the rows I previously selected do not change.

Regards Brad
Go to Top of Page

brad5505

Australia
Posted - 12/05/2005 :  8:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mike

I should have made myself more clearer. It is the range of rows that I select layer, then layer contents. In this section you can show/edit the range of rows that you want plotted. After I set the range of rows I want plotted all is fine.If go back to the worksheet and paste data into some blank rows, then I loose the previously selected range of rows (under layer/layer contents). It pots all the rows, not just the rows I previously selected.

My worksheet layout has data in rows 51 to 61, then 101 to 111, 151 to 161. The idea was to add more data to the missing rows as I collect the data each year.

I need to somehow lock in the row range (under layer/layer contents) so the rows I previously selected do not change.

Regards Brad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000