The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin 7.5 not recognizing MATLAB upgrade
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

brandt

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  4:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version 7.5
Operating System: XP

On a new laptop I installed Matlab 7.1 then Origin 7.5 and Origin calls Matlab fine.

However, on my Destop (also XP) I had Origin 7.5 and Matlab 6.1 working together fine, then I installed Matlab 7.1, and Origin continued to call Matlab 6.1 (no surprise there). I then removed Matlab 6.1 and Origin didnt find Matlab 7.1, so I 'repaired' Origin using the installation disk and while Origin apparently 'compiled for the first time' the Matlab console, it still doesn't recognize Matlab 7.1, giving the message 'Matlab not available' in the header for Origin's 'Matlab Console'

Any thoughts other than removing and reinstalling Origin? Will removing and reinstalling Origin affect the licence code?

Thanks!

ML

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  4:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi brandt,

Since you say that everything works fine with ML7.1 and Origin on another computer, I am guessing that the removal of ML6.1 did something to mess up registry entries needed for ML7.1 to be called successfully from other applications. So, a solution would be to (first uninstall, then) reinstall ML7.1, which would ensure that the registry entries are properly set.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if you could first try to just search the registry for the following key:

Matlab.Application

This key would have to be found in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT branch, and be pointing at the location of ML7.1 executable.

Thanks.

ML

Go to Top of Page

brandt

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  09:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi ML,

You saved the day for me! In the registry, I found three folders: Matlab.Application
Matlab.Application.6
Matlab.Application.7

In each folder there is a CLSID and a CurVer, and these two values in Matlab.Application were equivalent to those in Matlab.Application.6

I simply changed the values in Matlab.Application to those of Matlab.Application.7 and now Origin calls matlab7 properly.

I sincerely appreciate your help, this is the first time I've messed with changing registry entries, and it worked! Thanks!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000