The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 packing buttons in opk files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

schneide

Germany
45 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  07:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5 SR2.1 v.7.5824
Operating System: XP

I have difficulties installing a user defined button which has been exported to an opk file on a different computer.

When I just export the button to an opk file and install it, everything is o.k.
When I edit the opk-file with the pack/unpack opk menue (e.g. add one more file), somehow the button installation information gets lost. Is there a w ay to avoid it?

Giselher

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  08:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Giselher,

Buttons are installed by OPKSetup.ogs which is automatically deleted afterwards. Installation information is lost when you edit the OPK with Pack/Unpack because the setup file is missing at the time. If you need to add files to the opk use the Export Button Group dialog again which will recreate the setup file.

...I submitted a File Exchange addon called OPack Plus which you might find useful. After installing it you can add files to your button OPK like this...

1. Open the OPK in the Origin Pack dialog and select the file OPKSetup.ogs. (If the file is not listed you need to export your button group again to create it.)
2. Click Extract and choose the selected files option to restore the file to your hard drive.
3. Add more files and save. The button group should install normally after that.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

Edited by - Mike Buess on 12/17/2005 5:32:55 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000