The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Global fitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hauli

Austria
Posted - 12/21/2005 :  02:27:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5
Operating System: windows

I`m searching for a method to test for a treatment effect in a series of matched experiments.

the whole assay is performed as follows: I got one control group and one treated. The data is fit to a dose response model (with all parameters fixed except the LOGx0, as this makes biologically sense); the whole assay is repeated twice.

So overall I got 6 values for the LOGx0 (i.e. 3 for control and 3 for treatment) and calculated the treatment effect as the difference between the LOGx0 of the control and its corresponding treatment. Unfortunately the CI for the average treatment effect calculated like this is very large and often contains the value 0.

What I want is to estimate the average treatment effect automatically and based on all of my data points (not only on the 6 values for the LOGx0)and thus based on a lot of degrees of freedom.

As I think this can be done by using global fitting models. So overall I need a model that fits all the data and provides automatically one single best fit value for the average treatment effect.

This problem sounds difficult, but I hope it is not

Thanks for any help and suggestion

HAULI

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  3:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Hauli,

If you are asking about fitting multiple datasets simultaneously/combined with one fitting equation, optionally sharing some of the fitting parameters across the datasets, and then generating one set of fit statistics such as R^2, SSR etc....that is possible with the NLSF fitting tool in Origin.

Please see the following topic in the Origin help file:
Analysis->Curve Fitting->Global Fitting of Multiple Datasets Using Shared Parameters

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

hauli

Austria
Posted - 12/22/2005 :  07:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi easwar!

thank you for your suggestion, but what I need goes further:

as I mentioned earlier on, I got 3 control data sets with their corresponding treatment data sets. For them I can estimate (overall) 6 values for my parameter LOGx0 (3 for control data and 3 for treatment data).

What I want now, is to introduce a new parameter, the Effect. The Effect is calculated as LOGx0 of control data minus LOGx0 of the corresponding treatment.

And I want to share this new parameter Effect for all three data sets and get one single best fit value for it (with corresponding confidence intervals).

Thanks for any further suggestions and Merry Christmas!

Hauli

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000