The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Scatter plot legend symbol colors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mikkomaek

22 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2020 :  07:47:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2019 9.6.
Operating System: VM on Mac OSX

Hi,

A quick question on coloring scatter plot legend symbols. I have a plot with only one layer and the layer symbols are colored based on a class vector in a separate worksheet column. How to add this coloring also to the plot legend? Currently the coding for the legend is based on the layers and uses the same color for the different classes in that layer.

Thanks!

BR
Mikko

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 03/02/2020 :  12:35:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mikko,

I think there are two possible solutions for your case,

1. Add a categorical values legend:
1) If the symbol colors are indexed to the column ==> right-click on the legend to select "Legend: Categorical Values..."
2) If the symbol colors are color-mapped to the column with actual values==> right-click the vector column to select "Set as Categorical" to set it as categorical and do the color mapping again for the Symbol tab in the Symbol tab of Plot Details dialog then right-click on the legend to select "Legend: Categorical Values..."
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/PD-Dialog-Sym-Tab
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Customize-PlotColor#Using_Column_Values_to_Apply_Color_By_Points

2. Add a color scale to show the color range for the classes. ==> Right-click on the Legend to select "Add Color Scale"
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/ColorScale

Please let me know if any problem on these information.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

Edited by - Shirley_GZ on 03/02/2020 12:36:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Axion

Italy
1 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2020 :  06:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello!

I'm posting here since it looks like is a strongly related question.

I'm writing a review and I'm preparing a scattering graph, single layer.

I'm plotting B(X2) against C(Y2). Using the @LD option in the legend I managed to get a legend point for every data point, but the text displayed returns the value.

Bruno

I want to change it to show the reference name listed in A(X1).
Is this possible?

Thanks for the help
Best
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000