The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Columns from multiple workbooks into single book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jn10

1 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2020 :  10:37:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release: OriginPro 2019 (64-bit) 9.6.0.172
Operating System: Windows 10

Hi,

I have an origin project with multiple workbooks, all with the same format, and I'd like to combine the data from one column from each workbook into a single workbook.

i.e. I have workbooks 1-100, with columns X and Y. Column X is exactly the same across the workbooks, whilst column Y has the variable data. I'd like to create a new workbook with the X column at the start and then the Y columns 1-100.

Is there a simple way to script this, as currently I've been using the "Copy column to" dialogue for each Y column, which is quite time consuming.

Many thanks

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2020 :  1:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

To append same columns from multiple workbooks, you can select from menu Worksheet -> Append Worksheets. In the dialog, you can select Specific Columns to only select one column of each worksheet and combine.

James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000