The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Image graph colormap fill
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mikkomaek

22 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2020 :  08:18:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2019 9.6.0.
Operating System: Windows VM on Mac OSX

Hi guys,

I'm using the image graph and have some problems with the colormap values. How do I change the values outside the given min and max limits to some color? I have specified the min and max and would like all the values above the max to be the same color as the max and not white.

Thanks!

BR
Mikko

P.S. Converting imported data into matrices using worksheet -> convert to matrix -> direct (trim missing unchecked) still trims some missing values. Would be good to find a solution for this functionality.

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2020 :  08:52:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mikko,

You can set color beyond min/max under Colormap/Contour tab in Plot Details dialog. Simply click the color cell to modify it.

For the data trim issue during conversion, please send a sample project having the issue to <tech@originlab.com>.

James
Go to Top of Page

mikkomaek

22 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2020 :  09:05:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi James,

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it's not working like that for me, even if I set the check the Introducing Other Colors in the Fill tab. Are you plotting a contour, do they work the same way as images?

BR
Mikko
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2020 :  10:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mikko,

It seems by design. We will check with developer if we need to support changing that color.

By the way, can you plot the graph as heatmap instead? It should have same display effect. Thank you.

James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000