The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Reverse order for subgroups but not master group
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

WDPenn

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2020 :  5:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:Origin Pro (2018) Academic 64 Bit

Hello,
I am extremely new to Origin. I am finding that most of the tutorials and aids on line are quite helpful and, generally OK to follow once I kind of play with the interface some. However, I have been trying to generate a box and whisker plot for several days and keep running into the same issue. Basically I have like 7 main groups of data each of which are then broken into subgroups, all of these are displayed on a single graph. These come out looking great but I have an issue that I don't really know how to explain and ask so that I can find an answer or its just not a common thing to do. So, I have data that is broken into 7 groups (1-7) each of these groups is then further subdivided (1-7 also). When I generate a box and whisker plot I get the major groups ordered 1-7 across the graph with each subgroup ordered 1-7 as well. This is the problem however, as I want the major groups to be ordered 1-7 but the subgroups in reverse order (7-1). When i try "reverse order" it changes both the Main group and subgroup order. Any thoughts on how I could fix this to change it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sure its pretty straightforward but, like I said I am very new to Origin and easily loose my way.
Thanks!!!

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2020 :  07:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you are willing, can you send your project (or better just the relevant data and graph) to tech@originlab.com? There are ways to do this but rather than speculate various scenarios, if we saw your data we could provide you with the exact best way to do that you want.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000