The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to delete points detected by peak detection.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

cosy

Germany
Posted - 02/15/2006 :  05:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): PRO 7
Operating System: XP
Hi,
I need to know how if there is already a method to delete the points identified by the peak detection dialog box.
Regards,
COSY

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  08:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi COSY,

I presume you mean the markers and labels etc placed in the graph when using either the Pick Peaks tool or the Baseline Tool...

These originate from worksheets that are created by the tool. Such worksheets are by default hidden. You can view them in Project Explorer and they will be named as Peaks1, Peaks2 etc or BsPeak1, BsPeak2 etc. You can simply delete the worksheet and referesh the graph. Or if you want to keep the worksheet, bring up the Plot Setup, or Layer dialog, and remove all dataplots that are from these worksheets.

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

cosy

Germany
Posted - 02/16/2006 :  05:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Mr.Easwar for the reply,
My aim is to actually delete the data points and not the markers. To make thing more clearer, my dataset is corrupted by some occasional glitches or peaks, which I want to delete. Identification of these glitches is done with the help of the Pick Peaks tool. But now I want to delete these points from the original dataset itself. I dont think there exists a possibility of doing so in the tool box.
Thanks,
COSY
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  09:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi COSY,

If the glitches/peaks are very localized to one or two x values (and not a broad peak), one could write some simple script routine to remove them instead of using the pick peaks tool to identify the peaks.

If you do use the pick peaks tool, all the peak info is in the result worksheets that was pointed out in my earlier post. So a script routine could be written to go thru those peak positions in the peak results sheet and remove the corresponding data points from the raw dataset.

Could you send some sample data to tech so we could take a look and see what may work best?

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  09:23:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi COSY,

If you are trying to delete "outliers" try this tool...
http://www.originlab.com/fileexchange/details.aspx?fid=116

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000