The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Customising the outer boundary of a contour plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Abhil@sh

India
2 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2020 :  04:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi!

I have taken velocity measurements in a hollow pipe and am trying to represent the data in an r-theta-z plot (Refer attachment). I have taken point measurements only along the 0, 90, 180, and 270-degree radial lines and have made the plot interpolate the profile for the entire circle.

The thing is, that I have taken the measurements only in the 10-centimeter diameter portion of the circle whereas the hollow pipe is 12 centimeters in diameter. I want the software to interpolate data only for the 10-centimeter diameter circle while keeping the outer boundary as 12 centimeters. Simply said, I want the outermost annulus to represent no data.

I would appreciate it if you could help me out here.

https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/Plot%20with%20data%20boundary%20and%20layer%20boundary.pdf

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2020 :  06:59:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can create a boundary r-theta data and set it as customized boundary in Plot Details dialog.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

Abhil@sh

India
2 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2020 :  07:04:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks, Amanda for the reply. I tried using that option but the dropdown menu shows nothing more than 'none'. I don't see any other option to edit the Boundary R data.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000