The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D-Interpolation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Geralt_of_Rivia

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2020 :  12:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hey there,

I'm facing some problems regarding the 3D-Interpolation:

I have some pairs of values, defined by X, Y and Z, for example (5, 1500, 250) and (5, 6000, 1420). X means the inlet temperature, y the heat demand and z the electricity consumption, but this is not important. Y and Z are linear connected for each X.

So as you see, I have two values for the same X. Overall, I have about 30 of such pairs for different X.

What I try to do is a 3D-interpolation between the two fixpoints for each X so that I would receive a 3D-Plot for the whole thing. But I'm not able to do so, tried everything I found. My goal is to get a function out of this plot giving me Z(X,Y).

If anybody has a hint, please share it with me. I think there is an easy solution, but I'm not getting it at the moment.

With best regards

Geralt

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2020 :  1:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you would like to find Z(X,Y), use menu Analysis->Mathematics->Interpolate Z from XY.

James

Edited by - YimingChen on 10/28/2020 1:46:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Geralt_of_Rivia

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2020 :  04:06:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey,

thanks for your adviece. I have tried this method before but I'm not getting any results that would make sense to me.

I interpolate the pairs (X,Y;Z) and I want to get the area that is described between the bottom and the top line of values. I made a picture so maybe it gets clearer. I have no Idea how to interpolate and I'm still thinking that there is an easy solution?

Best regards and thank you for your help.
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2020 :  08:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can simply convert XYZ data into matrix data. Use menu Worksheet->Convert to Matrix->XYZ Gridding..., in the dialog, expand Gridding Settings node, choose Random (Thin Plate Spline) as method. See the result below:

James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000