The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Match font sizes in different plot types
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

fr0zensphere

29 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  3:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release: OriginPro 2020b (64-bit)
Operating System: Win 10 64-bit

Hello.

I recently made a couple "Heatmap" plots (which include color bars). I want to make a figure which includes those plots as well as regular scatter plots, and I want to have the font sizes match. Right now, they do not. I make my figures by copying and pasting the plots into a PowerPoint slide and then arranging them, etc. With "regular" plots, it's easy to get things to match because I just make sure the plots are the same size in PPT. But now this doesn't work anymore.

Is it possible to have the font sizes scale relative to the page size? Because both my heatmap plot and my scatter plot have the same page size when I go into Plot Details window and click on the graph name at the very top of the directory tree. So, if the font sizes are scaled relative to the page, and the page sizes are set to be the same, then all I would have to do is have the imported objects have the same size in PPT.

It looks like the font sizes are actually scaled relative to the layer, if I'm understanding correctly. My layer sizes within the graph page are different in the two different types of plots, so that seems to be causing the problem.

I guess an alternative path here is to make the layer sizes the same within the page?

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  5:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can fix the font size not to scale with layer size. Double click your graph to launch Plot Details dialog. Select layer on the left panel. Go to Size tab in the right panel. Check Fixed Factor under Scales Elements node. More details in page below:
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Change-Size-of-TextLabels

James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000