The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 fit does not converge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Naunes

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2020 :  4:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2015 (64 bit)
Operating System: Windows 10

I'm a researcher, and trying to fit my DNA's force-extension data from magnetic tweezers to worm-like chain model. Although I defined the equation correct and it gives me correct curve at the end, during the fitting it says 'Fit did not converge-reason unknown' and at the end in the report sheet Fit status is displayed as 'Failed(-207)'. I would like to use the Rsquare value to understand how the fitting is well, but because the fitting fails, it is very low. So, What should I be doing? There is no problem in the raw data, but I think I'm missing something.

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2020 :  4:36:36 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

It is not always possible to diagnose such things here unfortunately. If you are willing, please send us your project and the FDF file (from the `fitfunc` sub-folder of your User Files folder) and we'll take a look.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000