The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 point at which area under curve is halved
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

lvdt

Austria
4 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2020 :  12:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,
i've been searching on how to do this all day and i couldn't find anything.
This is a picture of what i want to do:
https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/whatiwanttodo.jpg

i have to do 2 linear regressions on the linear parts of the curve. I know how to do that. However, i don't know how i can extend the regression curve. next i need to calculate the area between the 2 regression curves and my original curve. then i need to find the x value where the 2 areas are exactly the same, so i can calculate the values of the 2 regression curves at that x value.

I hope i explained it well.

Thanks,
Lorenz

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2020 :  2:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

1. In Linear Regression Dialog, you can set Fitted Curve range.

2. You can use Integrate Gadget to obtain the integral curves of your data to the two baselines (linear fitted curve). With some math, you should be getting the two areas as a function of x value. Plot them on same graph, and Use the intersect gadget to get the x value. See below:

James
Go to Top of Page

lvdt

Austria
4 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  04:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey,

thanks a lot for your help! i appreciate it very much!
I have some problems using the integration tool. I cannot select any of my regression curves as baselines, nor can i integrate my upper regression curve using my dataset as baseline. the only options i have available to use as baseline are (roughly translated from german to english):
1. none (Y=0)
2. constant y
3. straight line (not the right option)
4. use existing dataset
5. second differentiation
6. weighted endpoints

Is there a way to get the integrated function of my dataset? Then i could do this oldschool with pen and paper.
Thank you very much for your help!

Lorenz

PS.: I use OriginPro 2016 as this is the version my Uni offers a license for.
Go to Top of Page

lvdt

Austria
4 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  09:15:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
okay, i figured out how to use the regression curve as baseline. But as i still don't know how to get the integral function of my dataset i had to manually change the integration boundary until the areas were the same. it was tedious but it worked eventually.
if you have the time and don't mind it, i would very much appreciate it if you show me how i could do this automatically the next time.

Thanks,
Lorenz
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  3:07:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

In Integrate Gadget, there is a check box allowing you to generate integral curve. See below:

James
Go to Top of Page

lvdt

Austria
4 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  11:43:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey,
this doesn't display anything. Doesn' matter which output i choose, it just doesn't change a thing. Thanks anyways!

Lorenz
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  1:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You need to click the triangular button to the upper right of the ROI box (Yellow), and select New Output to get the integral curve data.

James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000