The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Batch plot duplicate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

karvek

13 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  10:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi!

I have many workbooks with the same column structure.
I made a scatter plot using the same column of all these workbooks.

Now I would like to make a new plot using another column of all these different workbooks.
I can do this manually using plot setup and manually replace every single dataset but I was wondering if there is a method to automate and speed up this process.

I tried to use the Duplicate (Batch plotting) option but it is not very straightforward.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Origin 2020
Operating System: Windows 10

Szone1

Hong Kong
6 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  10:16:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm afraid that cannot be batched.
But you can use the Plot Setup dialog to plot the same column from multiple datasheets together and copy-paste format (or loading template). No need to add/replace one by one.
Go to Top of Page

karvek

13 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  10:57:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the very fast reply.
Can you elaborate a bit more on how to do this using the Plot Setup dialog...?

EDIT: I guess you mean this https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Plot-MultiCols-from-DIff-WKS
Great to learn that this can be done, thanks a lot!!!

Edited by - karvek on 11/11/2020 11:05:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  1:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Thank you for the post. I added this to our jira system ORG-22834 and will check with our developer if we can add it in future version.

Right now, if you don't have customization in scatter plot and just want to plot a scatter graph with another columns in different worksheet, using Plot Setup as the link you found is the best way.

And if you have customization in the scatter plot, you can save it as graph template first. Then again with no data selected in workbook, choose Plot: My Template: and choose the template you saved. It will open Plot Setup. U can use the same step to plot. The customization in template will be applied.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000