The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Batch plotting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sam132

India
34 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2021 :  07:03:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 2018
Operating System: Win 10

I have a data file where I need to import certain columns and plot those data in a certain format. I have to do this activity every now and then so I wanted to have a certain 'ogwu' file that can do this work seamlessly.

In Origin 2019, I know you can add a graph to the worksheet and then save the worksheet as an Analysis template. This used to do the job. But presently I am using Origin 2018, I would like to know how it can be done in this version.

Thanks in advance.

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2021 :  08:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

It looks you can't save it as analysis template in 2018 since there is no recalculation lock so it wasn't considered an analysis template.

You can choose Worksheet: Worksheet Script to add Labtalk command to create graph based on a customized graph template file otpu.
And choose to execute it when importing new data.

https://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/guide/Creating-Graphs

Then save the workbook as regular template and import new data.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

sam132

India
34 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  01:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the clarification but how do you invoke a user-made graph template in labtalk.
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  09:01:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
See the link above.

There is a section "Plotting into a graph template"

The following example plots the first column as theta(X) and the second column as r(Y) in the active worksheet, into the polar plot graph template, and the graph window is named MyPolarGraph.

plotxy (1,2) plot:=192 ogl:=[<new template:=polar name:=MyPolarGraph>];

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000