The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fitting with two integrals
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Pattrium

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2021 :  6:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello there,

I was trying to make a fitting function containing two integrals using the Fitting Function Organizer. I did it according to the Origin tutorial (https://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Fitting-2Integral-LabTalk), but with my own function, and it only gives me some weird linear result that makes no sense.

In order to check, if there is a problem with my function, I simplified it to one integral.
I already had made a function of the function form expression with the exact same expression and it works.

The function is:

y = pi*L*integral(gaussianR, R0-6*e*R0, R0+6*e*R0,dp ,x ,e ,R0)+b*x

with (LabTalk Functions Definition and Initialization)

function double gaussianR(double R, double dp, double x, double e, double R0)
{
return (((sqrt(ln(2)))/(sqrt(pi)*e*R0))*exp(-4*ln(2)*((R-R0)/(2*e*R0))^2))*(((R^2)*pi*dp*((2*J1(x*R))/(x*R)))^2) ;
}

Parameters etc. are set properly to work with the expression function form.

Problem: once I switch to Equations as function form, the fit/simulation no longer works. Unfortunately I do need the Equations setting in order to have two integrals.

Does anyone know or have an idea, what happens there?

Again: it works on "Expression" and does not, once I simply switch to "Equations".

Thanks for your time and have a great day,
Patrick

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 2020 (64-bit) SR1
9.7.0.188 (Academic)

Operating System: Windows 10

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 04/26/2021 :  03:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Patrick,

When you switch to Equation, you need add "y=" before the expression you defined, such as

y = pi*L*integral(gaussianR, R0-6*e*R0, R0+6*e*R0,dp ,x ,e ,R0)+b*x;

Please let me know if any problem.

Thanks,
Shirley
OriginLab

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

Pattrium

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2021 :  4:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Shirley,

thanks for the response. I did add the "y=" and it didn't work right away but at some point it started working. I have no clue why it happened, though.
Anyways, I got the function with only one integral to work on "equations" mode, but not the one with two.

It seems quite inconsistent to me. Probably I am doing something wrong, but I cannot find any mistake.

Here is another one with only one integral:

Parameter names: L,dp,b,R
Function: y=((abs(integral(OrientationAverage, 0, pi/2, dp, x, R, L)))^2)+b*x
LabTalk functions definition and initialization:
function double OrientationAverage(double o, double L, double R, double dp, double x)
{
return (4*pi*L*(R^2)*dp*((sin(x*L*cos(o)))/(x*L*cos(o)))*((J1(x*R*sin(o)))/(x*R*sin(o)))*sin(o)) ;
}

As it stands, it gives me nothing at all on "expression" mode and the same odd linear fit on "equations" mode. I checked all brackets and also couldn't find any other mistake.

I am kind of lost here, as I don't know, what the problem is. (for checking I keep the parameters fixed with reasonable values)

I would appreciate any hint leading to the solution of the problem.

Thanks,
Patrick

quote:
Originally posted by Shirley_GZ

Hi Patrick,

When you switch to Equation, you need add "y=" before the expression you defined, such as

y = pi*L*integral(gaussianR, R0-6*e*R0, R0+6*e*R0,dp ,x ,e ,R0)+b*x;

Please let me know if any problem.

Thanks,
Shirley
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 04/27/2021 :  01:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Patrick,

Our expert found that the order of parameters in the function calling is not consistent with the order of parameters in the function definition.

Would you please try to fix it? If still problem, please send us the FDF file,
https://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support/SendFilestoSupport

Thanks,
Shirley
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

Pattrium

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2021 :  06:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Shirley,

thanks a lot! It worked. I was not aware that the order of parameters matters.

Best,
Patrick
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000