The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin losing "file extension defaults" info
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Matt

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  12:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have Origin pro 7.5 SR5 on Windows XP.

My options settings are usually set to have origin open and save in the last directory used. I.e. when I "open" the directory is the last one saved to. When I save, it is the last directory opened from.

Occasionally (about every 6 months) Origin forgets my settings. It then have to fight with "options" to get back.

So,
1) why is Origin forgetting my settings?
2) what are the correct settings for what I want.

I have track file dialogue changes checked. I have tried all four options for "open path" and "save path" in the "file extensions group defaults" dialogue.

Mike

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  3:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Matt:

We were discussing your problem and we came to the conclusion that there were too many potential variables to know what is causing Origin to seemingly "forget" your settings. However, if I understand you correctly, you always open and save to the same folder, so you should be using these settings:

Open Path = User specified Path
Save Path = Same as Open Path

Tracking should be turned on if you want file tracking for other Groups but as long as you open your Origin files from the same folder each time, tracking shouldn't affect your default Origin Group Open Path.

If you see this happen again, please contact OriginLab Tech Support and we'll work with you to try and figure out where things are going wrong.

Mike
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000