The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 change color independent in multi plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

DaniNeug

3 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2022 :  10:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hey,

how can I change the color of data in graphs in a multi plot change independently? I once asked here and it worked fine. Now I applied a theme on a graph and when I click on the different data sets within the layers I just have the options 'label' and 'offset'. Only on the first data set within a layer I have the option 'symbol' which I need for changing the color. I unclicked all boxes in the common display field in 'layers'. I would be happy about a suggestion.

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2022 :  10:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

The Common Display setting on Layers tab is about if u have multi-panel (layer) in one graph window.

It doesn't seem to apply to your case.

It seems you are plotting multiple data in same layer. Usually when u select multiple data to plot together, they are pltted as a group.
So each plot is assigned a different color or symbol, etc. to distinguish them.

That's when in Plot Details dialog, only 1st plot has settings, while 2nd plot and on only have label and offset.

U can pick 1st plot in Plot Details dialog. Then go to Group tab, there is e.g. line color, symbol color, etc. for the group.
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/PD-Dialog-Group-Tab

U can either choose ... on each row to specify what color, symbol, etc. for each plot in the group.

Or choose Edit Mode to be Independent.
Then when u select each plot in Plot Details, extra tabs will show.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000