The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fit Layers to Page doesn't keep accurace
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AKazak

Russia
1006 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2022 :  2:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 2022b (64-bit) SR1 9.9.5.167
Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64

Greetings!

Please open a test project:
https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/FL2P.opju

and run Fit Layers to Page with 0% margin.
Notice that partly layer goes outside page boundaries and axis labels stay far from the page boundary:





---
Andrey

Echo_Chu

China
Posts

Posted - 06/07/2022 :  02:35:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Usually we use the boundary which is shown when the layer or object is selected
So for layer, it is the yellow line in your 2nd image. If you have a thick tick line, it may be out of the boundary.

For axis label issue, it used the boundary when you select axis title, please see image. that has no problem.



However, I agree that there is a problem for fit layer to page. If I set margin to be 0.1, nothing changed. The ticks line keeps to be out of the layer boundary. But if I used fit page to layer and set margin to be 0.1, the graph can be properly set. I reported this problem to be ORG-25350 and we will see whether we can improve it.

Echo
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1006 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2022 :  02:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Echo_Chu

Hi,

Usually we use the boundary which is shown when the layer or object is selected
So for layer, it is the yellow line in your 2nd image. If you have a thick tick line, it may be out of the boundary.

For axis label issue, it used the boundary when you select axis title, please see image. that has no problem.



However, I agree that there is a problem for fit layer to page. If I set margin to be 0.1, nothing changed. The ticks line keeps to be out of the layer boundary. But if I used fit page to layer and set margin to be 0.1, the graph can be properly set. I reported this problem to be ORG-25350 and we will see whether we can improve it.

Echo
OriginLab Technical Service




Dear Echo,

Thank you for creating the ticket.

To my understanding Fit Layers to Page should precisely fit each and every line/label to the page margin. Thus, the operation should account for the line thickness.
As for text labels, then I still cannot get text label boundary aligned with the page boundary:



---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

Echo_Chu

China
Posts

Posted - 06/07/2022 :  03:32:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Andrey,

Your understanding is correct, but programmingly it is hard to realized. We will see whether we can get it fix in the future.

However, I would suggest you manually to adjust the export area to get what you want before we have a solution. Please see the video below for more details.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1IWeWpid0Q&feature=youtu.be

Echo
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1006 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2022 :  03:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Echo_Chu

Dear Andrey,

Your understanding is correct, but programmingly it is hard to realized. We will see whether we can get it fix in the future.

However, I would suggest you manually to adjust the export area to get what you want before we have a solution. Please see the video below for more details.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1IWeWpid0Q&feature=youtu.be

Echo
OriginLab Technical Service



Dear Echo,

Thank you for sharing a link for the video.
How do I set export margins via LT?

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

Echo_Chu

China
Posts

Posted - 06/08/2022 :  10:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Andrey

We will support labtalk to control margin in 2023, our next version. I will let you know once 2023 beta is available

Echo
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1006 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2022 :  12:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Echo_Chu

Dear Andrey

We will support labtalk to control margin in 2023, our next version. I will let you know once 2023 beta is available

Echo
OriginLab Technical Service



Dear Echo,

Great news!
I will be waiting for an announcement.

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000