The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 line + symbol xyz
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

amethyste

Germany
23 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2023 :  04:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have a plot with two layers. the first layer is a contour plot with a color map as the z coordinate.
i created another layer with (x,y) coordinates for line + symbol . but i want the line + symbol plot to be dependent on a z coordinate that is within the range of the z coordinate of the color map.
here is a pic , and in this case i am plotting it only as (x,y) in a second layer . it would be more accurate to plot it with its z coordinate.

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2023 :  12:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I don't fully understand the question.
Do u mean u want the symbols colors to be mapped to the z values?

Do you mind sharing the opju?

Thanks, Snow

Go to Top of Page

amethyste

Germany
23 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2023 :  09:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/testtttttt.opju

this is the file and the fit also depends on the chisq values but i don't know how to relate them to the contour plot in this case
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2023 :  10:03:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for sharing the opju.

I don't fully understand
"but i want the line + symbol plot to be dependent on a z coordinate that is within the range of the z coordinate of the color map.
and in this case i am plotting it only as (x,y) in a second layer . it would be more accurate to plot it with its z coordinate."

For 2d graph, it will use x and y as coordinate to plot them. So when u plot line+symbol in 2d, it will use corresponding xy values to plot each point. If u mean u want to map the colors of each point with z values, and the colors should match the colormap used in contour, u can
1. click on the line+symbol to see mini toolbar.
2. click on the symbol color button there and set color by point and map to column C.

(it will use the auto detected Z range e.g. from 0 to 3.09 based on the z column on fit tab).
3. Then u can right click on the contour plot and choose Copy Format.
4. Right click on line+symbol plot and choose Paste Format to: Colormap so the line+symbol will use the same colormap levels as your contour graph.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000