The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Better display of linked Y axis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Neena1695

Canada
117 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2023 :  1:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello Origin users,

I have an XY graph, then inserted a Y axis on the right with linked X. Left and right Y axis is essentially the same data, but different representation.
Absolute values on the left axis,
fractional values on the right (so left axis/35)

I just want to display one set of this data; however when I uncheck on one axis, the data on the other axis also disappears.

Any insights on what could be going wrong here?

Many thanks,
Neena

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2023 :  1:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Since you only want to show right Y axis with tick labels calculated based on left axis tick labels, u don't need to insert a new layer with right Y axis and linked X.

Instead, just click left axis and choose Show opposite axis.

Then click on the opposite axis and choose Show Tick Labels.

Once the tick labels show, double click on it
On Display tab, enter formula e.g. x/35.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

Neena1695

Canada
117 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2023 :  2:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you so much!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000