The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Insert Color-Fill Contour Plot in Multi-Layer Temp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

asdj872

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2023 :  05:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I created a merged-graph window with multiple layers (scatter plots and contour plots) and saved that as a template.

Now I want to use that template, but I'm having trouble with setting up the XYZ contour plots using the "Plot Setup: Select Data to Create New Plot" menu.

My data is in a worksheet in the following format:
[ ] Y1 Y2 Y3 ...
X1 Z1(Y1) Z1(Y2) Z1(Y3) ...
X2 Z2(Y1) Z2(Y2) Z2(Y3) ...
X3 Z3(Y1) Z3(Y2) Z3(Y3) ...
... ... ... ...

Now while I easily managed to add the data of the scatter plots to the respective layers, I don't know how to handle the contour plots.

In the "Plot Setup" menu I can easily select the first row as X values by checking the correct box for column A. But how do I set that my Y values are in the first row?

Thank you for your help!

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2023 :  09:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In your case, the contour plot is created with a virtual matrix. You can refer to this FAQ page for details (https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/how-to-customize-data-when-plotting-virtual-matrix)

First, you need to make a contour plot with the new data to create the virtual matrix. Then in the Plot Setup dialog, add the virtual matrix to the template.

Assume you have created a virtual matrix with the name VM2 in the Plot Contour dialog, see the figure below:

Then in the Plot Setup dialog, add VM2 to the graph.

James

Edited by - YimingChen on 07/26/2023 09:03:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

asdj872

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2023 :  09:23:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you so much! This worked perfectly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000