The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Multi-threding in Originlab
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Francesco84

Italy
21 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2023 :  10:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 2023b and Service Release 1 (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Windows 7

Hello to all,
I would like to ask a question.

I'm working with large data files (about 500MB). Each file consists of two columns with 25M rows.

My PC is a multicore with 8 logical processors.

I set the @IAS variable and while importing files the CPU usage is 100%. However, for other operations (such as data FFT or just change the format of the cells) the CPU is only used at about 14%.

I would like to know if there are other variables to be set so that the CPU is used 100% also for other operations?

Thank you,
Francesco

minimax

348 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2023 :  01:32:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Francesco,

No.

For now multi-threding is not available for all tools yet.

But if you meet significant slowness, would you mind to us some detailed cases?

In a PC with 3rd-gen Intel CPU (year 2012), FFT on 25M rows data takes about 5 sec, which seems still acceptable?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000