The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Stack existing plots?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

BatteryCycler

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2023 :  1:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 2023b (64-bit)

Operating System: Windows 11 Home

Hello all,

I have four plots that I would like to convert to a single stack plot. Each plot contains 5-20 lines on it, that all share the same x and y axis but have different values for each. Each plot has a separate workbook and data file.

1. Is there a way for me to very easily combine these four plots into a stack plot?

2. If not, how do I go about making a stack plot where each plot has multiple lines in it?

Thank you,

BC

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2023 :  3:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can merge the four graphs into one graph.
1. Select menu Graph:Merge Graph Windows.
2. Specify the four graphs as the input. Set Number of Rows to 1, Number of Columns to 1. And click OK.
3. Now you have a single graph with four overlapping layers. You then need to align the X,Y scales of the 4 layers. Select menu Format:Layer... to open Plot Details dialog.
4. Select Layer2 on the left, Then choose Link Axes Scales tab. Set Link to to Layer1 and set X Axis Link to Straignt(1 to 1).
5. Repeat step 4 for Layer2 and Layer3.

James
Go to Top of Page

BatteryCycler

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2023 :  4:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by YimingChen

You can merge the four graphs into one graph.
1. Select menu Graph:Merge Graph Windows.
2. Specify the four graphs as the input. Set Number of Rows to 1, Number of Columns to 1. And click OK.
3. Now you have a single graph with four overlapping layers. You then need to align the X,Y scales of the 4 layers. Select menu Format:Layer... to open Plot Details dialog.
4. Select Layer2 on the left, Then choose Link Axes Scales tab. Set Link to to Layer1 and set X Axis Link to Straignt(1 to 1).
5. Repeat step 4 for Layer2 and Layer3.

James

Hi, thank you for the response. How do I get the 4 graphs from separate files into one file that I could do this with?

Thank you

Edit: I should be clear, I'm using origin for producing some of the data, namely the differentiating feature. So it's not as simple as just importing 4 .csv into one file. I need to combine origin workbooks and their plots.

Edited by - BatteryCycler on 08/24/2023 4:37:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

ChaoC

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2023 :  12:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Could you check out this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd6pcnDfibo

You could also individually save the graphs as oggu files and open them in the same project file.

Best,
Chao
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000