The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Remove "infinite" line
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Colaruotolo

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2023 :  11:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 2021 (64-bit) 9.8.0.200 (Academic):
Operating System: Windows 10

Somehow I drew an infinite dimension line on a plot that I can now not select to delete. The line expands the entire plot vertically and the whole window (even when zoomed out). Is there an object erase option?

LAC

yuki_wu

896 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2023 :  03:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, you can select menu View: Whole Page to show it.

Regards, Yuki
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2023 :  08:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is the line plot based on a data in worksheet? Could it be because the x,y coordinate is wrong (out of current axis frame)?

Could you try using Object Manager to check/uncheck plot to check?

Or if it's a line plotted by Line Tool?

For both plot and line object, u should be able to click to select and press Delete key.

Or could you send an opju for us to look into it?

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

Colaruotolo

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2023 :  6:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
SOLUTION:

I had to pan all the way to the top line cap, select the object and delete it. Turns out I accidently made the dimensions 3526% of layer (not 35.26%)

view -> zoom all: helped me see how big the line actually was. but the line was so thin I couldn't select it, which is why I had to pan up.

THANKS ALL!!!

LAC
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000