The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Zigzag appearance of the lines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AntoineMerc

France
2 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2023 :  09:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2021 (64-bit)
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional SP1

Hello,
I would like to share my concern about creating graphs in Origin. I set the graph size and font size myself because I want consistency across all the graphs in my article. However, the problem arises when the graph size is small, as is typically expected in an article; the lines appear jagged. Enabling anti-aliasing and exporting in vector format doesn't resolve the issue. For comparison, I created the same graphs in another competing software, and the result is unequivocal – the lines are extremely smooth. The customization and speed of execution in Origin are unparalleled, but the final output quality is debatable. If the developers of Origin could improve this aspect, I believe everyone would be satisfied.
Thank you.

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2023 :  10:32:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

See this FAQ https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Small-Layer-Size-Export-Quality

Please try set resolution to a higher value e.g. 1200 when exporting graph.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

AntoineMerc

France
2 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2023 :  11:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your tip, it improves the rendering.
I'm still surprised that the rendering of a vector file changes with the resolution.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000