The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Log syntax
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

macsan

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2023 :  12:49:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello I have Origin pro 2023b and I am working with logarithms.
I have been using the formula Log(x) to plot my results but recently realized I need to use log base 10. The information online says Log(X) will return a natural logarithm, but when I replaced my formula to use Log10(X) it gave me an error. So I am left wondering what is the correct syntax to do so as I cannot find any resources on this page or other forums.
Thanks for the help!
Macarena

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2023 :  1:47:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In Origin, log(x) represents the base 10 logarithm, while ln(x) represents the natural logarithm. Could you please provide the online page where this is stated? Thanks.

James
Go to Top of Page

macsan

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2023 :  2:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Yiming!
Here are the websites stating so:

https://www.originlab.com/doc/en/OriginC/ref/log10#Examples

https://my.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2212
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2023 :  4:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The page you referred to is for Origin C, I guess you were attempting to use the function in the LabTalk environment.

James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000