The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Import SPSS/.sav files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dennis.barth

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2023 :  10:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello everyone, I am trying to import data from a .sav (SPSS) file into Origin. I have found several articles stating to just add .sav files to the data import menu in Origin via "Data -> Import from File -> Add/Remove File Types". However, it doesn't list SPSS files there. Am I missing something? I would be very thankful if someone could help me there.

(One of the articles I mentioned: https://www.originlab.com/doc/X-Function/ref/impSPSS)

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 2022b (64-bit) Version 9.9.5.167
Operating System: Windows 10

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2023 :  10:31:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

During installation, we don't have SPSS Import checked by default.
So user needs to check it during import to include it in Origin.

Please run the Repair or Uninstall Origin. .
This time choose Modify option.
When it prompts to change Serial number, choose No.
Then on the next page, check SPSS Import.

Then in Origin, u will need to choose Data: Import from File: Add/Remove Files Types.
Move it from left to right to make it show under the Import from Files submenu.

I updated the link above to include such info.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000