The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Copy from Excel full precision
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AnaJesus

Portugal
2 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2024 :  11:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

According with video tutorials pasting data from excel is by default done with full precision. It is not happening in my case and is causing me problems due to the type of data I work with. I have MAC so I use parallels in consolidate mode and origin works perfectly and quickly. I tried opening my excel files in windows and paste from there to Origin but still it doesn't work and only visible digits are being copied instead of the full precision. Can someone help please?

I have been looking online, on tutorials and in the forum but can't solve my issue, apologies if I missed it posted elsewhere and thanks in advance.

AnaJ

Origin Ver. and Service Release Origin 2024 (64-bit)
10.1.0.170) | Operating System:IOS

10.1.0.170):
Operating System:IOS

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2024 :  4:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It may be a display issue only. See "A Note about Displayed vs. Actual Values" on https://www.originlab.com/doc/en/Origin-Help/Wks-Col

E.g. if you double click the column header to open Column Properties dialog.
Then set Display digits to significant digits 15.
You should see full digits.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

AnaJesus

Portugal
2 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2024 :  05:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I Snow

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately this is not the issue, the problem is really the import. If I change the significant digits I get only zeros because the data was not imported with full precision so the information is not there to be displayed.

As for now, I am importing excel sheets in the bulk and then once they are in originlab I can copy the data under full precision. THis is really time consuming and not practical at all so if someone has a way to directly copy and paste data from excel spreadsheets with full precision I appreciate the feeback.

Thnak you once more
AnaJ

10.1.0.170):
Operating System:IOS
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2024 :  08:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi AnaJesus,

Do you mind sharing your data so I can see how to reproduce it.
Also, is it really a full precision data or just large ID kind of number.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000