The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Date and Hour in X-axis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

a01317910

Mexico
2 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2024 :  3:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello! I want to plot something like the image, with the date and the hour for every day. Can you help me?

Cari

Edited by - a01317910 on 01/31/2024 3:12:57 PM

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2024 :  3:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
Please see if this blog helps.

https://blog.originlab.com/display-date-and-time-tick-labels-in-multiple-lines

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2024 :  4:53:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

We will support this better in the coming 2024b so the same date info. can show in a new row.

Instead of using the blog, please see the attached opj.
1. I set Date column A as disregard so not using it as X info.
2. Add B and C column with extracted Day and Time info. as text.
3. Plot the date so it's plotted against row numbers.
4. In axis dialog, on Scale tab, set scale to be from 1 to 63 and major tick increment by 1.
5. Go to Tick labels tab, go to Table sub tab and enable it. Number of Rows to 2.
6. Set Table Layout -> Merge Labes to be Within Subgroups/Subsets.
7. With Bottom 1 selected on the left, go to Display tab and set Type: Text from Dataset and Dateset Name as column B.
8. With Bottom 2 selected on the left, go to Display tab and set Type: Text from Dataset and Dateset Name as column C.
9. Go to Format tab of Bottom2 and set Rotate to 90.
10. On tab tabs of Bottom 1 and 2, u can also uncheck those borders.

https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/date_two_tick_labes.opju

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

a01317910

Mexico
2 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2024 :  7:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you so much. It was super helpfull!!

Cari
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2024 :  1:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please see this better opju my colleague made.

She used date X directly.
Set the major scale increment to 70 minutes,
turn on table
specify how the display format for bottom1 and 2 display format based on date X.

https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/date_two_tick_labes_modified.opju

Best, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000