The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 2 datasets in bubbleplot; Problem with diameter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Patrick2805

Austria
5 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2024 :  09:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 2019; 9.6.0.172
Operating System: Windows

Hey all,

I have a problem with a bubble plot. I have 2 different data sets where the values for the bubble diameters are supposed to correlate with a measured number of a data value. The values of this measured number are between 0 and 500 for the two data sets. I would therefore like to achieve that the diameters scale between the value 0 and 500 in each case

Lg
Patrick

ChaoC

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2024 :  09:20:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Patrick,

You can open your Plot Details dialog and go to Symbol>Size to set your bubble size based on a column of data.

Best,
Chao
Go to Top of Page

Patrick2805

Austria
5 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2024 :  09:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Chao,

yes in principle I know that but it don't really solve my problem..

My datas are like I this:

So the first y-column ist for the y-axis and the second y-column is for the circles. But the circle diameter of both datasets should correlate with each other

So when I do that the bubble size based on the column (Counts ato for each) the sizes for 1 dataset are too big, so I would like to give them a boundary between 0 and 359

Edited by - Patrick2805 on 02/05/2024 09:38:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

ChaoC

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2024 :  10:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

You can double-click the Bubble Scale and go to the Levels tab to set the range.

In the Plot Details>Symbol>Scaling Factor, make sure both plots have the same Scaling Factor.

Best,
Chao
Go to Top of Page

Patrick2805

Austria
5 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2024 :  11:11:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Chai,

thanks a lot

best regards,
Patrick
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000