The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Ploting contour map with non-identical Y values
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mrbd1991

Armenia
1 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2024 :  10:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic

hi
i am working with a set of data that i got from sampling a lake within 2 years .i want to make a contour map of temperature in different depths throughout 2 years of sampling.but i have don't have temperature of the same depth each month.
for example i have temperature of 1m,5m,5.5m,6.1m below the water for january but for march i have temperature of 2m,2.2m,3m,3.5,6.5m
i have got very confused and i don't know what to do

YimingChen

1594 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2024 :  08:58:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Contour plot can be created from XYZ data. You just need to prepare your data into XYZ columns, x=temparature, y=depth, z=data. Make sure that your columns are designated as X, Y, and Z. To do that, right-click on the column and choose Set As from the context menu. Then highlight the Z column and choose menu Plot:Contour:Contour-Color Fill to create a contour plot.

James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000