The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 project 3d plot to 2d
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Moumou

France
6 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2024 :  07:28:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have plotted a 3D graph and would like to project the plotted graph onto the three planes: xy, xz, and yz, similar to the attached image.

YimingChen

1594 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2024 :  08:34:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please use these two apps to get the profile data.
https://www.originlab.com/FileExchange/details.aspx?fid=318
https://www.originlab.com/FileExchange/details.aspx?fid=301

James
Go to Top of Page

Moumou

France
6 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2024 :  11:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much, YimingChen, for your answer.
I followed your instructions but when I click on the 3D Wall Profile icon nothing happens. In attached my origin file. https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/3D%20wall.opju
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1594 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2024 :  11:55:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It looks like the profile apps don't work on 3D parametric plot. The best I can do is to generate another 3 plots, but set the corresponding x,y and z to constant. See below
Go to Top of Page

Moumou

France
6 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2024 :  07:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks again
I followed all the steps indicated, but when I click on duplicate (Batch plotting) I cannot find the files (FUNC1 ....). I use Origin 2021.
Go to Top of Page

Moumou

France
6 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2024 :  1:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all

To achieve the same results as you, I must use the 2024 version, but this does not provide what I need (like attached image).

Thank you YimingChen.
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1594 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2024 :  09:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please refer to the attached project file. You then need to manually calculate the data of the profile lines by making 2D parametric plot. You need to fix the angle u at pi/2 to obtain the xy profile curve, fix v at pi, 2pi to obtain the yz, xz profile curve.

https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/3D%20wall%20YM.opju

James
Go to Top of Page

Moumou

France
6 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2024 :  10:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much for your help, but how can you do this.
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1594 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2024 :  11:24:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please watch the video below for steps to add yz profile curve. The X,Y of the curve are calculated by making changes to the 3D parametric function where v is now fixed to pi.

(1/(G+(((M-A)-(1/2)*G)*(1-cos(t)^2))+(2*(M+F-2*B-G)*cos(t)^2*(1-cos(t)^2))))*cos(v)*sin(t)
(1/(G+(((M-A)-(1/2)*G)*(1-cos(t)^2))+(2*(M+F-2*B-G)*cos(t)^2*(1-cos(t)^2))))*cos(t)

quote:
Originally posted by Moumou

Thank you very much for your help, but how can you do this.

Go to Top of Page

Moumou

France
6 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2024 :  12:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much, there is very helpful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000