The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 creating a non linear Z-Axis for 3D Waterfall plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AimHere

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2024 :  11:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic

Hello Community,
first time poster. I am working on origin 2024b
I am trying to do a special 3D waterfall plot where i plot a dataset of UV/Vis-spectra coupled to an applied potential. X is wavenumber in nm, Y is absorbance in a. u. and z is the applied potential (V) for a specific UV/Vis-spectra.
I've managed to import my data already in the correct format, where the potential is importet as a parameter for each UV/Vis dataset (Y-Axis). If i select my whole column and select 3d waterfal plot origin manages to recognize everything as it should: X= wavelength, y = absorbance and z is plotted as the potential value. So far so good.

Here's my problem:
I've conducted coupled UV/Vis-Cyclovoltammetrie where i start form an upper value (here -1 V), scan to a lower value (here -2,1 V) and then reverse the scan direction landing at -1 V again.Therefore i have two sets of UV/Vis spectra for each datapoint between -1 and -2,1 V. My Z-axis is scaled linear from -1 to -2,1 V which means my 3d plot is folded like a paper. I basically need to add a second z-axis from -2,1 to -1 V again to accound for the forward and backward scan.

I cannot find a solution where i can scale my z-axis from -1 to -2,1 V and back to -1 V again. Has an1 here experience with this and give a solution or workaround to this kind of problem?
Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Aim

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

ChaoC

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2024 :  12:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

You can try using the Hysteresis app to split the scan into forward and backward datasets: https://www.originlab.com/fileExchange/details.aspx?fid=264

For the axis, I set a break and used a different axis label after the break.
See the attached project file:
https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/48358.opju

Best,
Chao
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000