The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D plot of a PET scan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

GravityX

2 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2024 :  5:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver:OriginPro 2024b

Operating System: Windows 10

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I am not yet completely familiar with Origin.

During my studies, I did an experiment that looked like this. Several radioactive sources are hidden in a locked square box, which we are supposed to localize with the help of a PET scan. To do this, we took a total of 10 measurements along the x-axis and 10 measurements along the y-axis. In order to localize the position precisely, we also took a diagonal measurement with 20 measurements.

I now wanted to make a 3D plot where you can see the respective count rates in relation to the xy plane, first without the diagonal measurement and then with the diagonal measurement. The plot should look something like this

I then created a matrix in which I multiplied the individual x-values by the corresponding y-values, I would now like to plot these values in 3D, as shown in the picture.

Here are my results

Would this be possible in Origin?

YimingChen

1594 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2024 :  08:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please go to menu Help: Learning Center... and search for wireframe. You should be able to find a graph sample with tutorials. Thank you.

James
Go to Top of Page

ChaoC

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2024 :  09:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

You can go to Matrix: Set Dimension/Labels and set the columns and rows to 10x10 and your xy Mapping to From -45 To 45.

Then, you can plot a 3D wireframe like James suggested.

Best,
Chao
Go to Top of Page

GravityX

2 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2024 :  10:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you YimingChen and ChaoC for your help, that was exactly what I was looking for.

I have now plotted the plot for xy without the diagonal

Is there any way I can rotate the plot so that I can see the peaks better and their position in space?
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1594 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2024 :  10:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There are multiple ways to rotate 3D graph in Origin. Please watch the Youtube video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSbdwJRLt6M&ab_channel=OriginLabCorp.

James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000