The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Turning off data connectors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

msherlock

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2024 :  10:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I am used to previous versions of Origin. I spend most of my time reading in csv files (via ctrl+k) and plotting 2D data.
It seems that has become more difficult in Origin2024b. Each time I read in a file with ctrl+k, there now appears a data connector symbol. As I understand it, this prevents me from saving the data when I save the project (which is not what I'd like). It also seems to prevent me from reading in a new data file into the current worksheet. When I ctrl+k Origin warns me the book already has a data connector and I have to remove it, so I remove the data connector and hit Yes at the question. Then I'm able to read in the next file, but the data connector appears again. So I have to repeat this process.

It seems the solution is to go to Preferences->System variables and set DDC to -1. I have done this and restarted Origin, but the problem persists. I have also tried setting IPDC to 0, but that doesn't help either. Is there a better solution?

Thanks for any help.

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2024b 10.1.5.132
Operating System:win11

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2024 :  12:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
To change default Import Single ASCII toolbar button (Ctrl+K) behavior, please set system variables TIB to be 1 in Preferences->System variables dialog.

See more info. on
https://www.originlab.com/doc/en/LabTalk/ref/sys-var-list

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

msherlock

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2024 :  3:47:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Snow! I confirm TIB=1 has solved the issue.
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2024 :  10:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great.

I also updated this FAQ to include this info.
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Data-Connector-Difference-Import-From-File

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000