The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Messy XRD -- Peak fitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

CBY_XRays

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2024 :  6:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi, OriginLab forum,
I'm doing some data analysis for a previous researcher whose data came out pretty messy. Still, it has some interesting characteristics that I'm trying to clean up so I can glean some more information. There are three 2(theta) x-values that I need to integrate for several thousand frames of collected data. Since the data set is so enormous I am trying to take advantage of the "batch peak analyzer". I've done some initial clean-up and integrations, but I've noticed some spots where peaks start to split or are not present. I'm a bit concerned about whether this trend is not accounted for when I am running the integrations. How would you fellow XRD analyzers do this kind of analysis? Ultimately I am looking to calculate the lattice parameters as a function of time.

I've also been running into an error saying that the data is locked when I try to run another peak analyzer batch for the second/third 2(theta). None of my columns are truly locked and I can't find what this is referring to. Any direction about that would be great!

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2024 (64-bit) (Academic)
Operating System: Windows 10 and Windows 11

YimingChen

1594 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2024 :  09:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
1. Could you share some of your datasets where peak splitting occurs? The Peak Analysis tool supports auto peak detection. Please check this tutorial page:
https://www.originlab.com/doc/en/Tutorials/BatchPA-Script-Before

2. Could you also share the project file where you are encountering the data-locking issue?

Thank you
James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000