The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 2024b: Text Object moves after gfitp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2024 :  10:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 2024b (64-bit) 10.1.5.132
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 10.0.19045.4651

Greetings!

I have a graph with a Text Object.
However after running gfitp I get this instead of 100 and 0, so the object had moved horizontally event though its movements are prohibited by the check marks:

What is causing this unexpected behavior?

Thank you.

---
Andrey

Edited by - AKazak on 08/01/2024 10:37:30 AM

ChaoC

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2024 :  11:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Andrey,

You are fitting the layers to the page size with gfitp but your units are in % of page. So when it resizes, it will move.

If you change the unit to % of layer, it should stay the same.

No horizontal/vertical movement means you can't move the label by dragging. It can still move relative to some other reference if you resize the layer/page/etc.

Best,
Chao
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2024 :  01:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ChaoC

Hello,

You are fitting the layers to the page size with gfitp but your units are in % of page. So when it resizes, it will move.

If you change the unit to % of layer, it should stay the same.

No horizontal/vertical movement means you can't move the label by dragging. It can still move relative to some other reference if you resize the layer/page/etc.

Best,
Chao

Dear Chao,

Got it. However this is misleading for me.
What I want it to fix the anchor as defined in dialog to the top right corner of the page and make its location independent of the layer. However after running gfitp it is moving together with the layer...

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

ChaoC

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2024 :  08:58:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Andrey,

You have to go to the Programming tab to 'Attach to' Page to anchor it to the page. By default, it is attached to the Layer and so it moves if you resize the layer.

Best,
Chao
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2024 :  04:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Hello Andrey,

You have to go to the Programming tab to 'Attach to' Page to anchor it to the page. By default, it is attached to the Layer and so it moves if you resize the layer.

Best,
Chao

Dear Chao,

Got it.
Currently I find this misleading: if the default setting is Attach to the Layer, then what is rationale of having "% of Page" option in Units? How does it work in this particular case?

---
Andrey

Edited by - AKazak on 08/03/2024 04:51:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

ChaoC

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2024 :  08:59:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Andrey,

The default units are % of Layer too. % of Page exists so you use it when you want to change the 'Attach to' to Page.

Layer and Page are often not the same size so it just depends on what your goals are.

Best,
Chao
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2024 :  1:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Hello Andrey,
Layer and Page are often not the same size so it just depends on what your goals are.
Best,
Chao

That's perfectly clear for me.

quote:

Hello Andrey,
The default units are % of Layer too. % of Page exists so you use it when you want to change the 'Attach to' to Page.
Best,
Chao

If this is the case, then does it make sense to make the following links:
1) % of Page for 'Attach to' to Page only;
2) % of Layer for 'Attach to' to Layer only;
?

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

ChaoC

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2024 :  09:15:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Andrey,

I think it is better to not hard code the units. That way users can have the freedom to choose whichever unit suits their goals best.

Best,
Chao
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2024 :  10:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Hi Andrey,

I think it is better to not hard code the units. That way users can have the freedom to choose whichever unit suits their goals best.

Best,
Chao

Dear Chao,

Got it.
If the default setting is Attach to the Layer, then what is rationale of having "% of Page" option in Units? How does this setting combination work in this particular case?

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

ChaoC

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2024 :  4:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Andrey,

Hopefully this helps:
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Attachment-Scaling-Object

Best,
Chao
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000