The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem: Lines appear above any text
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

aint66

India
3 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2024 :  04:33:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello everyone!
I've encountered a problem that really pisses me off.
A stripe appears above any text. Above the legend, above the axis labels, above the manually added text. At the same time, the escape argument that would do this is not specified in the object properties. See screenshots 1-3.

Screenshot 1.

Screenshot 2.

Screenshot 3.

The problem appeared when trying to export the graph to Word (Ctrl+J). When plotting a new graph on a new worksheet, there are no lines. See screenshot 4.

Screenshot 4.

After pasting into Word, annoying lines appear! See screenshot 5.

Screenshot 5.

And after trying to edit the chart from Word by double-clicking, these lines are already in the Origin window that opens. And any new text that I add in the Origin window opened from Microsoft Office IS ADDED WITH THESE LINES. See screenshot 6.

Screenshot 6.

Please! Help me get rid of these annoying lines!

P.S. I tried the solutions from this post - nothing helped. https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/TextDistorted-in-ExpGraph
P.S.S. A similar problem has surfaced recently, but there is no solution. https://my.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48376

UPD 1 On the same PC, exactly the same problem with an older version of OriginPro 2018 (64-bit) SR1 b9.5.1.195.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2024 (64-bit) SR1 10.1.0.178

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Microsoft® Word LTSC MSO (16.0.14332.20696), 64-bit

Edited by - aint66 on 08/15/2024 05:53:23 AM

NicholasSupport

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2024 :  09:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Om,

We would like to investigate this issue in detail. Could you please attach your .opju file so we can share it with our developer team?

If you have any issues uploading the .opju file, try compressing to a .zip before uploading.

Thank you for your post and hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Nicholas
Origin Team

Nicholas G.
nicholas@originlab.com
OriginLab Technical Support Team
Go to Top of Page

aint66

India
3 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2024 :  11:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by NicholasSupport

Hello Om,

We would like to investigate this issue in detail. Could you please attach your .opju file so we can share it with our developer team?

If you have any issues uploading the .opju file, try compressing to a .zip before uploading.

Thank you for your post and hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Nicholas
Origin Team

Nicholas G.
nicholas@originlab.com

Hello Nicholas,

Thank you for your quick response! I am attaching the original Origin file (Before WORD.opju), the Word file into which the graph from the file is inserted (Project.docx) and the Origin file after editing the graph from Word (After WORD.opju). https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/ProjectG.zip

I am also attaching a screenshot of how I see it.

The red numbers shown in the screenshot indicate:

1) The Origin file is opened independently (Before WORD.opju);
2) The graph from the file (1) is inserted into Word (Ctrl+J). After which the lines appeared (Project.docx);
3) In Word, double-click to open the graph editor (2). The lines are already in the Origin. Also, when adding new text, there will be lines;
4) If you save the file (3) as a separate project and reopen it independently, there will be no lines again (After WORD.opju). And everything repeats itself again.

Thank you for your help!

Hopefully there will be a solution to this problem. Or at least the cause of this bug will be determined, which will help many users of the program in the future.
Go to Top of Page

NicholasSupport

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2024 :  3:09:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Om,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. This issue has been a challenge because it is difficult to reproduce in all cases.

That being said, this seems to be identical to some other cases in which lines appear on embedded graphs "hovering" above text. So far, all cases are solved by upgrading from 2024 to 2024b.

Could you please try the upgrade to 2024b and confirm with us that it fixes your issue?

Here is a direct link to the 2024b download:
The following 2024b downloading url will be valid in 10 days:
https://license.originlab.com/Origin_builds//Origin2024bSr0No_H_132.zip

Nicholas G.
nicholas@originlab.com
Go to Top of Page

aint66

India
3 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2024 :  7:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by NicholasSupport

Hello Om,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. This issue has been a challenge because it is difficult to reproduce in all cases.

That being said, this seems to be identical to some other cases in which lines appear on embedded graphs "hovering" above text. So far, all cases are solved by upgrading from 2024 to 2024b.

Could you please try the upgrade to 2024b and confirm with us that it fixes your issue?

Here is a direct link to the 2024b download:
The following 2024b downloading url will be valid in 10 days:
https://license.originlab.com/Origin_builds//Origin2024bSr0No_H_132.zip

Nicholas G.
nicholas@originlab.com

Thank you so much!
It really worked!
I don't have those lines in Word anymore)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000