The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Reference name of folder in workbook
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sjleland

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2024 :  11:43:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 2024 (64-bit) SR1
Operating System: WIN 11

Hello, I am working on an Origin file in which individual unique datasets are entered and processed. There is a template folder containing all spots for data entry and processing that I intend to duplicate for each new dataset.

However, when duplicating a folder within a project, the sheets and plots cannot have the same name as those in another folder. To fix this, Origin adds a letter to the sheets and plots in a folder, messing up all my cell references.

Therefore, I would like to retrieve the string of the folder name and set that name as the sheet and tab names to prevent me having to update the cell references after every duplication.

Is this possible? Or is there a better way to do what I am intending?

YimingChen

1594 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2024 :  4:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We have discussed the situation, and currently, we don't have a solution. I have created a Jira ticket (ORG-29794) to address it in the next version.

James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000