The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 <autoX>
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

LMA19

Brazil
2 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2024 :  10:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic

I want to plot several graphs together using layer contents. I designated my column F as X, but when plotting the program uses <autoX> which ends up being column B. I must remove this <autoX> and make the program use the correct column.

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2024 :  11:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
maybe the quickest way is right click plot and choose Change X to change X to F.
https://www.originlab.com/videos/details.aspx?id=86

Layer Contents dialog only lists Y columns to manipulate. And it will use matching X for Y columns. E.g. u may see Y1, Y2, ... in worksheet which will look for corresponding X1, X2...
If you have X set in F. For columns before F, they will try to find the X to their left. Maybe your B is set as X as well. If no X is set, it will use row number as X.

You can right click layer 1 icon on upper left corner of graph, and pick the Plot Setup dialog,which is more powerful. If you select plot in bottom panel (listing existing plots). Middle panel will show its XY. U can change which is X and which is Y and replace.
https://www.originlab.com/doc/en/Origin-Help/PS-Dialog-Middle

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

LMA19

Brazil
2 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2024 :  1:43:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much, I managed to fix it, and now it works.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000