The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Tick labels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dominik.mierzwa

Poland
118 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2024 :  1:02:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2024B PRO
Operating System: W11

Hi,
Is it possible to do labels under the chart at 2 heights? I mean something like in the attached file but without the tag (tick) for the second set of labels (Line 2). See graph 1
The problem comes from the need to fit very long labels. Rotation by x° is not an option because some of these labels are written in italic and skewing causes some strange effects (it rotates the letters strangely so they do not hold one line). See graph 2

https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/241007-example2.opju

Kind regards,
Dominik

Edited by - dominik.mierzwa on 10/07/2024 1:03:26 PM

ChaoC

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2024 :  1:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Dominik,

You can go to the X-axis dialog and go to Bottom 2:Tick Labels: Table tab and uncheck the 'Auto' box and check the 'Tick at Center of Cell'.

Then go to Bottom 1 and uncheck 'Tick at Center of Cell'

Best,
Chao
Go to Top of Page

dominik.mierzwa

Poland
118 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2024 :  1:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ChaoC

Hello Dominik,

You can go to the X-axis dialog and go to Bottom 2:Tick Labels: Table tab and uncheck the 'Auto' box and check the 'Tick at Center of Cell'.

Then go to Bottom 1 and uncheck 'Tick at Center of Cell'

Best,
Chao

Wooow, so simple... Shame on me I thought that Auto option in Format tab controls everything, and did not notice that Table tab has separate options.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Dominik
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000