The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Issue with Plotting: Lines Passing Through Symbols
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

has1995

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2024 :  06:40:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am trying to plot a figure where the lines should pass through the symbols (but not entirely), as shown in the picture. Please help me solve this.

khr

snowli

USA
1381 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2024 :  1:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
See the top right image on https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/PD-Dialog-Line-Tab.
Uncheck Gap to Symbol and choose Draw Line in Front.

Thank, Snow
Go to Top of Page

has1995

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2024 :  03:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is not what I am quite asking. Drawing line in front results in the left figure, but I am trying to plot a figure where lines go through symbols, as shown in the right figure. It is basically lines drawn behind symbols, but the symbol interior is 100% transparent. Please help me how to draw this in originlab.

Thanks.

khr
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1381 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2024 :  12:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I see.

When set symbol shape to be an open shape, there will be Edge color and fill color controls. Your fill color seems White.
You can click any symbol and on mini toolbar that shows, set fill color to be None to see lines through the shape.

Or go to the Symbol tab of Plot Details to set it.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000