The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Adding Ellipses to A Graph
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

calderod

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2024 :  08:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 2023
Operating System: Windows 10

I know I can just draw in ellipses, but I was wondering if anyone can share specific directions on how to build ellipse shapes within originpro - like in the photo provided below - that have set x- and y- dimensions. That way if I change the scale then the ellipses change shape appropriately.

aplotnikov

Germany
161 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2024 :  12:56:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

https://www.originlab.com/doc/en/LabTalk/ref/Create-cmd#-fp.3BCreate_a_loose_dataset_for_2D_parametric_function_plot
Go to Top of Page

NicholasSupport

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2024 :  1:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good morning Diego,

In addition to the above method by Alexei, you can also create an ellipse using the Circle Tool. Here is an example of an ellipse I drew freehand and the coordinates to which I will align my shape.

Double click on the gray shape to open Object Properties of the Circle. In the Dimensions tab, set the "Units" to <scale> then enter the desired values in the four textboxes.

Then your shape should align to the desired coordinates on each axis. The alignment should remain if you resize your graph.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Nicholas G.
nicholas@originlab.com
OriginLab Technical Support Team
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000